Sunday 29 April 2012

Cream eyeshadows - Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow

I first started using Bobbi Brown make up when i decided to do my own make up for my wedding as i wasn't happy with the outcome of my make up during trials.
I went with Bobbi Brown as it is a well known brand, the products are good quality and they are not tested on animals which i know is very important to many people including myself.

However my first experience with a cream eyeshadow was one of my mum's, i remember it having a silver lid although i am unsure of the brand. It was a shimmery bronze colour and i really liked the idea of it until it dried up and became impossible to use.
This was back when i was 16 so make up has improved since then to be more long lasting.




They come in regular and metallic formulations but the three i have are metallic.
It is recommended that they are applied with a finger for a sheer effect, and even layered onto a matte cream shadow. I have also used these as a base and they can be built up very easily for a more intensity.
I do not use a primer when i use these and they last all day until i take them off.




The first one i had was Chrome Patina, it is described as a golden pewter. The base is a pewter colour with gold and silver shimmers with a slight tinge of green. The green is shown more if the colour is built up. I have had this one for a few months and it is still as smooth and as easy to apply as the newer two.



I loved this shadow so much that i decided to buy two more. I picked up Goldstone, which is a described as a gold sparkle.




I felt it was one of the shades that could be worn lightly for daytime or built up for a night out.
It looks really pretty with black liquid liner and mascara.

  

The last one is one that i was really excited about. Starry night is a navy blue with iridescent glitters. 



It is a bit sheer so i recommend layering to really get a good colour payoff.



If you wish to wear it sheer you can really see the purple tones of the glitters.


I really enjoy using all of these and would really like to get more and i think they
are perfect all year long but especially summer when you want your make up to stay put.




Anisha xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment